Corporate and commercial
Our Corporate team specialises in acting for clients in the construction, technology and financial advisor sectors and is able to assist with: M&A and business transactions; business and ownership structures; data and GDPR; IP and brands; and, business support. We have extensive experience of advising on acquisitions and, by teaming with local partners around the world, act as a one-stop shop for our clients’ international deals.
Our corporate and transactional lawyers are able to advise you on:
- M&A and business transactions: including mergers and acquisitions; divestments of non-core business streams; distressed purchases; due diligence investigations; management buy-outs and buy-ins; and private equity, corporate and project finance.
- Business and ownership structures: joint ventures and strategic alliances; setting and restructuring of corporate groups and LLPs; shareholders’ and LLP agreements; professional practice succession planning.
- Data and GDPR: advice covering digital and electronic assets, GDPR and data protection.
- IP and brands: commercialisation of new ventures; identifying and managing potential risks to IP; introducing measures to safeguard confidentiality; enforcing non-disclosure; safeguarding copyright and moral rights; defending defamation allegations; protecting digital rights; conducting IP litigation (both as claimant and defendant); licensing of IP rights; managing IP portfolios covering patents, registered and unregistered design rights and trademarks.
- Business support: our lawyers advise on property and lease transactions and problems; employment practice issues – from the day to day, to transactional support; employment rights, dismissal and restrictive covenant claims; share and option schemes; and a comprehensive contract advisory service for a whole range of business activities and commercial relationships.