- Current vacancies
- Legal careers
- Trainee solicitors
- Apply to be a trainee
- Role Models
- Business support
If you are interested in any of the roles, please email your CV to our HR Department at HRDept@beale-law.com or call +44 (0)20 7469 0400. Beale & Co is an equal opportunities employer. We are also signatories to the Law Society’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
Note to agencies: Beale & Co do not wish to be contacted by any recruitment agencies or consultants in relation to the role(s) below. We instruct preferred agencies for the roles we advertise, speculative CVs received from agencies or consultants will therefore not be considered.
To read our Candidate Privacy Notice, please click here.
Contracts And Projects Construction SolicitorLevel: 4+ Years PQELocation: London
We are looking for a Contracts and Projects Construction Solicitor to join our London office. Our market leading team has an extensive portfolio of work and has advised on some of the biggest and most challenging and innovative projects across the globe. If you have experience of advising on procurement routes, engineering and construction documentation, joint venture agreements, PFI and PPP documentation and alliance agreements, please get in touch.
We are looking to recruit a front end (contracts and transactional) construction lawyer. The team are proud to act for some of the foremost companies in this sector. We advise construction professionals, contractors, employers, operators, investors and their insurers, across a wide range of industry sectors, providing all aspects of project advice.
We’re looking for experience of advising on procurement routes, engineering and construction documentation (including consultants’ appointments, building contracts, collateral warranties, third party rights and security documentation), joint venture agreements, PFI and PPP documentation, alliance agreements etc.
We have an extensive portfolio of international work. Many of our clients’ projects are based in the Middle East and Africa, with these regions seeing rapid growth and providing excellent opportunities. Our experience of working with these clients mean that we understand the market and the specific challenges that may be faced when operating in these regions. Experience of advising on projects internationally, including in the Middle East and Africa is preferred but is not essential.
Given the level of seniority, we are not expecting the candidate to bring a caseload or clients but this would be viewed favourably. Ideally the candidate will have contacts within the construction industry to develop into clients.
The role would suit a solicitor with private practice and/or in house experience.
Professional Support LawyerLevel:Location: UK Based
We are seeking a self-motivated, Professional Support Lawyer to support the continued growth and success of the business, across all of our locations and all of our areas of expertise. The role will support colleagues across all four of our offices (Bristol, London, Dubai and Dublin).
1. Horizon Scanning: Responsibility for preparing regular internal bulletins and proactively alerting fee earners to key changes in the law and practice affecting their work.
2. Business Development: Working closely with the Business Development team, identify market developments affecting the Firm’s core practice areas and topics that can be used to showcase the Firm’s expertise.
3. Drafting: Preparing and developing articles, legal commentaries, client briefings, mailshots etc. and ensuring that colleagues have easy access to this information.
4. Knowledge Management: Taking responsibility for the collection, dissemination and management of knowledge from across the Firm, ensuring that it is readily accessible, to enable colleagues across all of our offices to make best use of it.
5. Knowledge Storage: Performing a key role in updating, expanding and maintaining the Firm’s knowledge management material available on the intranet site.
6. Legal Research: Dealing with queries from fee earners and advising on the appropriate resources available to support them.
7. Training and development: As appropriate, design, organise and (where appropriate) deliver internal training programmes for fee earners across all levels.
8. Client Relationships: Supporting the Firm’s client relationships by preparing and delivering relevant information and training to clients.
Our Professional Support Lawyer will demonstrate the below key skills and experience:
1. Minimum 6 years’ PQE, ideally covering some or all of our areas of expertise – Insurance (professional indemnity principally) and Construction.
2. Previous experience working as a PSL, or the ability to demonstrate an active involvement in such activities as a fee earner.
3. Excellent drafting skills.
4. Excellent presentation skills.
5. Keen interest in professional training and development, marketing and business development.
6. Self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
7. A strong commitment to promoting the benefits of knowledge sharing.
Professional And Financial Risks Solicitor / AssociateLevel:Location: Bristol
We are currently looking to recruit a talented Solicitor to work in our professional indemnity team based at our Bristol office. Our team handle professional negligence cases for legal and financial professions (such as solicitors, accountants, financial advisors, brokers, valuers and tax and pensions advisors) and their insurers, plus D+O and a range of other insurance risks. Ideally candidates will have previous experience of working with similar cases and have a thorough understanding of Insurance Law and policy issues.
Candidates will have experience of:
- Defending professionals including some or all of Solicitors, Accountants, Surveyors, Insurance Brokers, IFAs, Directors and Officers
- Preparing reports for Insurers with the ability to explain and advise succinctly on difficult and complex areas.
- Advising on case strategy.
- Liaising with senior professional clients in a variety of disciplines.
- Managing the Insurer/Insured relationship, being aware of potential conflicts.
- Preparing for Court cases at all levels, including case management documentation interlocutory applications, expert instructions, witness statements and trial preparation.
- Monitoring critical dates and ensuring compliance with Insurer service level agreements.
- Understanding all systems and procedures with attention to detail and have the ability to explain and advise clients on those procedures.
- Being able to deliver presentations to clients and good business development skills.