In May 2015 we opened an office in Dubai to provide enhanced legal support to our clients operating in the Middle East. To mark the anniversary of our expansion into the region we will be holding a series of webinars on managing legal risk in the Middle East.
The first in the series of webinars was held on Monday 25 April 2016 and provided an introduction to the following issues:
- Introduction to the UAE Legal System and Civil Code;
- Authority to Contract;
- Contract interpretation and Performance;
- Standard of Care: reasonable skill and care versus fitness for purpose;
- Limitation Clauses: the law and in practice;
- Limitation Periods and Decennial liability;
- Damages under UAE law (including liquidated damages, penalties and interest);
- Dispute Resolution (local Courts vs arbitration); and
- Enforcement and Recovery.
Please click on the following link for a PDF of the webinar slides.
To view a recording of the seminar, please click on the video below.