The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect from 25 May 2018. It will alter how companies deal with personal data, with potential fines for non-compliance of up to €20m or, if higher, 4% of global turnover.
In this webinar, in conjunction with the Chartered Institute of Highways & Transportation (CIHT), James Hutchinson, Partner at Beale & Company, provides an introduction to the GDPR and covers:
- Background and overview of the GDPR
- New data rights for data subjects
- Demonstrating compliance – privacy by design
- Data processing agreements
- Role of the Data Protection Officer
- Reporting a breach to the ICO
- Steps to take now
To discuss any of the issues raised in this webinar please contact James (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us on +44 (0) 20 7469 0400.
Please click here for a copy of the slides.
To view a recording of the webinar, please click on the video below.