Andrew Croft and James Vernon will discuss the thorny issue of delay caused to the provision of consultants’ services by reasons beyond their control. This is a particularly topical point given the impact of COVID-19. In such circumstances, what contractual provisions are needed to allow the consultant recover additional fees and/or loss and expense? In addition, can the consultant be held responsible for the delay?
This session will cover:
- Best key risks and challenges for consultants associated with prolongation from an appointment-drafting perspective;
- How effective the traditional standard forms are to protecting the consultants’ position and applicable amendments that should be sought;
- Clauses to avoid in non-standard form contracts;
- Evidence required to recover additional fees and/or loss and expense; and
- Practical tips for tackling the issue of prolongation.
Please click here for a copy of the slides.
To view a recording of the webinar, please click on the video below.